- Toxic Compounds = Toxic compounds found in plastic cause health problems ranging from cancer to infertility.
- No Such Thing as a Safe Plastic = BPA and BPS are toxic. Although BPA has been given a lot of attention, not much has been said about BPS, which is a close cousin to BPA. Both are harmful. Not all BPA-free products contain BPS; the problem is we have no way of knowing which ones to avoid.
- Fertility and Reproductive Problems = BPA has been found to make it more difficult for men to conceive, cause miscarriage, birth defects, and developmental problems in children.
- Obesity = A chemical widely used in plastics, called bisphenol A diglycidyl ether, can reprogram your metabolism. This makes it more likely to store calories instead of passing them through.
- Terrible for the Planet = Plastics degrade slowly and harms the environment.
Some Sources of BPA
- Cash register receipts
- Lining of most canned foods
- Some baby bottles and pacifiers
- Many toys and other children’s products
- Some aluminum water bottles
- Canned soda and beer
Solution: Use glass or stainless steel whenever possible.