I live in the South and half of my backyard is the woods. So the bugs down here are atrocious. I came across this Natural Bug Spray recipe, made a few changes, and tested it. Right now, the weather is hot, humid, and evening; all which make a perfect storm for bug bites. After my family and I spent over an hour in our backyard, I’m happy to say that none of us were bit!
Here is the Natural Bug Spray recipe:
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar (I used 5% ascetic acid which can be found in most stores)
- 1/4 Cup Witch Hazel (this can be found near the Rubbing Alcohol section at the store)
- 1 Tablespoon Rubbing Alcohol 91%
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 10 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 10 drops Clove Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 10 drops Melaleuca Essential Oil (Tee Tree Oil)
* I use doTERRA Essential Oils, so that is what this recipe was made with.